Just wanted to send out a few reminders for upcoming events:
- Please spread the word to other parents about signing up to receive emails related to AIG and AP. You are our biggest supporters in getting the word out.
- The week of September 21st: all 7th grade students who met criteria for the DUKE TIP 7th grade Talent Search will receive applications that must be completed. This is an excellent opportunity to get students involved in their education and to help plan for their future.
- Science under the stars at Duke on Wednesday, September 23rd at Duke French French Family Science Center from 6-8 PM.
- We have three AP classes this year and really need to get all fee waiver forms back from high school students enrolled in AP courses. This form is a one-time only request and information can also be used for SAT and ACT waivers. These were sent home August 21st. We need these back for 9th –11th grade students.
- Our AIG partnership committee will have it’s first meeting in October. Once we meet, I will get permission to share information with you so that you can contact members.
- Did you know that high school students can qualify for National Merit Scholarships their junior year? It’s true. Students who take the PSAT can qualify for National Merit status and earn college scholarships. This could mean substantial savings for your family. We will have the PSAT on October 28th for the top 10% of our 11th grade students. Remaining 11th grade students were encouraged to register by September 11th so that exams could be ordered. If you have a high school student, keep this in mind for future reference. It would be awesome to have SCS students graduate with full rides to colleges/universities of their choice.
- Have you joined the SCS PTSA yet? We’d love to have your support. Membership enrollment forms are available in the main office and I will post copies on the AIG Website http://tinyurl.com/SCSAIG
- Don’t forget to check the AIG website often.